Saturday, March 6, 2010

ireland! ireland! ireland!

Hey, did you hear that we're going to Ireland for our honeymoon? So exciting. We just finished* booking our hotel rooms for the trip, which is most of the planning we intended to do before showing up there. I'll probably spend innumerable hours between now and then reading the guide book and dreaming of places we could go.

Want to hear about it?
March 29 we fly out of SFO. Change planes at JFK. We arrive in Dublin the morning of Tues, March 30.

March 30 - April 2: Dublin. We're staying at Number 31 which is near St. Stephen's Square. It's a modernist little place in a converted Georgian townhouse, and they promise the best breakfast in Ireland. I hope we get good and spoiled right at the beginning. We're definitely thinking Guinness Factory, Trinity College, and...I'm sure about a million other things. Plus sleeping off the jet lag.

April 2 - 5: Cork. This time we're at The Imperial Hotel. "An oasis of calm," they say? Yes, please. I don't know what we're doing here besides visiting the English Market and relaxing while everyone else marks Easter weekend.

April 5-8: Galway. Final stop has us staying at The Skeffington Arms. I've been thinking about a day trip to the Aran Islands since, oh I dunno, the year 2000? Definitely doing that. Otherwise, we'll see what we see.

The night of April 8 will find us back in Dublin, and we have to come back on April 9. Can't wait for 10 days of awesome in new cities with my soon-to-be-husband.

*Okay, all except the last night of the trip. Still mulling that one over. I want to be back in Dublin so as to be closer to the aiport, but it's also the last night, so I don't want to waste it in someplace lame just so that the bus ride will be short. Thoughts?

EDIT: Okay, booked our last night. We'll be at The Central Hotel where they have a LIBRARY BAR. I have died and gone to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment